The explosion in recent years of online marketing has revolutionised retailing but in the business-to-business space, where the sales cycle is often much longer, there is still no substitute for face-to-face selling says Johnny Malherbe of the Industrial Showcase-Cape.
‘Industrial equipment and services often benefit from physical demonstrations in the selling process and exhibitions are the ideal platform to present to a focused and clearly identified target audience. During the 2015 edition of the show there were over 3 000 visitors representing more than 900 different companies, that’s a significant group of potential customers that can see a product or service in action,’ adds Malherbe.
Malherbe cites the following reasons why exhibitions are still an important tool in any company’s marketing toolbox:
• They bring your customers and active prospects to you
• They are a perfect meeting place for pre-qualified prospects
• They allow you to meet your market face-to-face
• They enable you to demonstrate products, answer questions and overcome any objections immediately
• They allow you to use all five senses to communicate a message
• And they represent the marketplace bringing suppliers, buyers, purchase influencers, consultants and media together at one time and place.
The Industrial Showcase-Cape is now in its 15th iteration with exhibitions taking place every alternate year since the mid-1980s. It is a show that has kept abreast of changing times though, the Speaker Series has become an important ‘value add’ for visitors. In addition to the equipment and services on display there are several presentations taking place during the day covering a variety of topics. More information on these will be posted on the industrialexpo.co.za website closer to the show.
The Industrial Showcase-Cape occupies more than 4 000m2 of space at the CTICC, the region’s flagship exhibition centre. Exhibitors include almost every conceivable product or service in the industrial space. This year’s show takes place from 15 – 17 August at the CTICC, for a floor plan and more information please visit industrialexpo.co.za.